Wednesday

Darkness Becomes Her

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Hey All! Still surviving through this rainy Sydney 'summer' and being a photographer who near solely works with available light its being quite the challenge to create summery looking editorial spreads. The answer? Adapt. Who says summer can't be hot, humid and dark?
I actually really love working with darkness, utilising minimal light really sets the mood.
I originally planned on shooting this in Centennial Park but discovered this gem of a setting while picking up my model Chelsea (Chic) down the coast. I've become pretty demanding of my subjects these days, flailing my arms around and ordering the girls to imitate. Hope I'm not being mean. 'GET IN THE DIRT! CLIMB UP THAT TREE! DON'T RUIN THE GARMENT!'
Chelsea is a trooper for sure, quite the woodland nymph or Maid Marian.
Thanks so much to Zimmerman and MCMPR for providing these stunning printed dresses.

SEE THE REST OF MY SHOOT AT HARPERS BAZAAR STYLE NETWORK :)

12 comments:

Dominique B. said...

LOL. that was funny. but the photos came out lookin real good!

Bec said...

I never knew you liked only to work with light available, which I really love and I think it's so much more intriguing and interesting that way. This is probably a long shot but could you talk more about your photography process Zanita? {pretty please!}.

Sheena said...

The prints of the dresses work so well with a darker setting anyway. Dreaming of some sunshine in queensland as well x

Natalie Suarez said...

super beautiful! i love this! xx

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Jaeger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaeger said...

Beautiful models and dresses!

http://youngandimpressionablee.blogspot.com/

xx

justyna said...

so incredibly gorgeous... im in love with your retouching!

Coco said...

I looove the second photo!

educatedderelicts.wordpress.com

NEF 'N NAT said...

the black lace dress is to die for! good job! x

www.twinfashionblog.com

Abby said...

whimsical amazement! looks straight out of a fairy tale.

xx

eddddie said...

love the mood of both the shots. the natural light works perfectly. Great work x

http://eddieseye.blogspot.com

Fabliha said...

wow these photos are so amazing! this is so suprising because I went to high school with her (Chelsea)! you are so talented


xxx

INSIDE IN INSIDE OUT

Click Here