Friday

Sammi Major

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
1. scarf, Ellery for Sportsgirl
2. pants, Somedays Lovin
3. 5. jacket, None the Richer
Everything else, Models own
So here's my test with Sammi - would you believe that this is her first photoshoot ever? She's kind of incredible, adore her pin straight ginger locks and cherubic face. This shoot was kind of hilarious, I was hold a reflector in my teeth for the most part - I'm still using only natural light.
I'm shooting tests all the time and the key difference between shooting a test and just doing a shoot for creative purposes in that the key focus of the test is to get the most from the model, always choosing the shot where the expression and pose is the most flattering. The aesthetic doesn't necessarily need to be consistent.  The below images are from one of the first test shots when I started modelling with photographer Nicole Bentley, who at the time was just starting out with her career and is now shooting for Vogue Australia doing incredible things. A few of them are slightly stretched somehow and my expression is a bit confused. Probably an indicator of how I had absolutely no clue, the pics are around 6 years old.  I found these attached to an old hotmail account, such a blast from the past. Now it'd be a dream for me to assist Nicole - how much can things change!?

25 comments:

Marcella said...

If you ask me, you were a natural from the start! The second shot of you is stunning, the expression is so incredibly strong.

Dylana Suarez said...

These test shots are amazing! I love that last shot of you! Gorgeous!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

mom & son said...

Wow!
You are a super model!
Love your natural beauty, dear!

joninel said...

reallly cool :D always love your photo!

Marta on cocogroove said...

You look effortlessly gorgeous Zanita! I've always loved how natural you are and actually look in the pictures, which if I was in the field that would be key for me. The last picture is absolutely gorgeous! As for the test, this girl has some real potential too. Have a lovely day!

Fashion Tidbits said...

wow! you have grown up! love that last shot of you and great job on taking the other photos. she's drop dead gorgeous

Marina said...

I see the infamous shot of you which inspired Mr Roberts to draw you and led me to discover you! You are truly gorgeous and photograph amazingly.

chichichic.wordpress.com said...

incredible, both you and the model!

Vanessa said...

It's amazing how people evolve over time and achieve such marvellous things!

xx Vanssa

Vinda Sonata said...

both of you are gorgeous.
such pretty shots:)

Dropstitch said...

Were you signed to Scene in Perth Zanita? Your old test shots remind me of a lot of Scene comp cards :)

Alicia - Sea Of Ghosts said...

The last image remains to be one of the most beautiful images I've seen of anyone. Well done! x

Sophia said...

The last image is a classic! Could not believe it was a test shot. One of the best photographs I have seen of any model. And there's been lots.

Fashion Geek chronicles said...

woah these are all your handiwork, you are an amazing photographer.

would luv it if you visited my humble blog
http://fashiongeekchronicles.blogspot.com/

ELLESAPPELLE said...

you're both gorgeous! great work.

Rachelle said...

Beautiful x

Rachelle

www.wanderingbabcia.com

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Seriously amazing! x

Maria K said...

you look so amazing zanita!!!
xxx

Original Sophie said...

Oh I love all of these shots, youth both obviously naturals! Gorgeous x

Lucy said...

wow its so interesting to see how you work! im looking into styling so its good to see how these test shoots work. I like this model above most I think, its quite brilliant that it was her first shoot!
Its also lovely to see you ads the model, it shows you understand :)

Organized Chaos said...

That last shot of you is amazing! I love the styling you did for Sammi. Especially the leather jacket + high ponytail combo! She can pull off so many different looks.

Ps. I just started a blog & would love it if you would take a look.
http://lifeandorganizedchaos.blogspot.com

thisiswhatidwear said...

her haaaair! If I saw her walking on the street I think I'd die from jeaousy. SO stunning and natural. Your test shots are beautiful!


thisiswhatidwear

Anonymous said...

o wow. compared to your older photos you look.. emancipated :( i hope you don't work too hard.

Alice said...

you are such a natural beauty, zanita! and you take wonderful pictures. what is the secret behind you being successful in everything you do?

Peny@nursing scrubs said...

Simply beautiful! Both you and Sammi are gorgeous and flattering. Love these photos, eh.

Click Here