Sunday

Mo' Mono






Experimenting with monochromatics, the effect in the centre is a work in progress but expect to see more of this style, it's so easy to do I can't believe I haven't tried it before.
I'm delighted to announce along with this post my new role as a contributor to Tangent Digital. My first assignment, an interview and photoshoot with my my model friend Katie Ball - I'll post again soon with the link and pics. Working with Katie was so much fun, she's a natural and so flawless. It was so easy to take beautiful pictures of her!

The below images are from my recent feature in the fantastic online mag, Glossy. This issue is jammed with editorials and my favourite article about illustrator Laura Laine and her unique style. Head to Glossy for more.





Finally - Kelly, who is the exceptionally talented illustrator behind BirdyandMe tagged me for the Sportgirl Heart blogger promotion. Not usually into tagging but since its from Kelly and Sportsgirl I really can't resist.

What are you wearing right now? See above.

Post a picture that means summer to you:
Wharton Beach, my favourite spot in my hometown.

What tracks are essential on your summer playlist?
Anything by RJD2, Paolo Nutini, Hotel Costes, Marina and the Diamonds.... heaps more!

Favourite piece of clothing from the Sportgirl Summer collections? The Sienna Skort 

Describe your perfect summer:
BBQs on balmy evenings, mornings at the beach, spending time with friends and family, heading to concerts and festivals.

And so I tag - the stunning Olivia from AcmeReplay, the keen eye for style behind YoungZeus and the wonderful MyLittleDollyBird.







pants, Lucky 18
sequin bra top, Staple

36 comments:

Initials.CC said...

I love your pant!!

you're beautiful :)

CHARLOTTE&CELINE

FIVE ZERO NINE said...

i love seeing photoshop experimentation...

Mouthwash said...

Congrats on the feature!! hurray! And, all photos are beautiful - but that 2nd one is my fav. Lovely and artistic as usual!

Amber
ambersmouthwash

♥Lola said...

Gorgeous! Love these shots :) Congrats on your new job :)

Kasia said...

Beautiful photos!

nuheila said...

Love your pant!Gongrats on the feature.Picture from the beach look so nice:)


Nuheila

Mila said...

Oh gosh you look amazing!!!

tess stam said...

love these, especially the second picture! stunning.

fashionstolemyheart.blogspot.com

Victoire said...

Wow, i can't wait to see all the photos from the shoot! And congrats on the feature :) your style is so amazing its not surprising though haha!

Love the colors of these photos. The effect is so powerful. Reminds me that i need to go mono sometime too!

xx

Désordre said...

LOVE the second photo.
desordrestore.blogspot.com
desordrestore.com

.. the travelling boutique

Dusk said...

Gorgeous!! All your photos -you!- are always gorgeous but I absolutely love this set, which is funny because I'm not a B&W fan.

The 2nd photo...I have recently discovered how to do this on my camera and it's an awesome technique! Frozen motion, I love experimenting with this... However, yours is flawless. Amazing. Love it, well done.

Kiki said...

Gorgeous. Can't wait for the summer here. I'm sick and tired of winter clothes.

Iole said...

great shoots! have a nice sunday iole

tiltumaria said...

such gorgeous pics darling! and laura laine's finnish like me ;)
xxx

Candy Kawaii Lover said...

I admire your outfit photos!

mom & son said...

Congrats on the feature, Ms. Gorgeous!
There's no reason for you not to be featured in any magazine...all of the stylish qualities are with you... from outfits to photography.
Thanks for being my inspiration, Zanita!

Caroline Druitt said...

These pictures are beautiful. And I love the top so so much!

x

www.pink-silk.blogspot.com

Valentine Devlieghere said...

You have a great blog!
Best of luck! ;)

Follow me if you want on http://ptitevalentine-be.blogspot.com/

x Valentine

Clare said...

Beautiful images! Middle pic is by far my favourite, how do you do it?

Congrats on your new job!

Loves x
http://iliketweet.blogspot.com/

Juliet said...

I love the bustier!

juliet xxx

Taylor Sterling said...

congrats on the amazing feature and that bustier is amazing!!

Payton said...

All of your pictures are wonderful and very beautiful!

anouk said...

Well Zanita, you are one of my favorite Blogs ever and because of that I give you the "Haute Mess Award" with a lot of love!
All you have to do is tell us 7 things about you, tell us who gave you this award and give this award to 7 other bloggers!
Have fun
Anouk

Karoline said...

Love the bra top!

Congrats with the feature!

xoxo

Zanah said...

Lovely pics & blog ! :) Mon Mode Blog

Fashion Tidbits said...

fabulous! absolutely love it!!!

INK Magazine said...

Oh my word, the second photograph is fantastic! Would you photograph an editorial for INK Magazine? No joke, i'll try to get an email to you ASAP! Your talented, Zanita...

-John Troxel
Ink Magazine Editor-Chief
www.inkmagazine.110mb.com

Koshy said...

love your blog! now following!
http://koshysblog.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love your trousers. That reminds me my boyfriend's U-NI-TY one. It's lovely and so gorgeous on you...congrat'

The Fancier said...

Your photograhy skills are wickedly cool! Cheers to your recent accomplishments. And the tube style bustier is fantastic.

The Fashion Cloud said...

Fantastic pictures!!
I just wanted to let you know that I have featured one of your looks in my latest post: http://www.thefashioncloud.com/categories/blooming/

Hope you enjoy it

xx
FashionCloud

LesCoquettes said...

That's great pictures ! And i love the look !
http://www.lescoquettes.fr

Marjorie said...

love the answers :) check out my ones some time!
http://shinebythree.blogspot.com/2010/01/sportsgirl-hearts.html
xx

ZEUS said...

oh wow, Not quiet sure how I missed this! Thank you Zanita! I'm on the case....

brooke said...

love that photoshopped pic, looks amazing. and your pictures of the other model are incredible! youre a great photographer :)

xx

valncami said...

Love these photos. You are very talented with the camera. Congrats on your interview/photo shoot. This is the first time I discovered your blog. Just love it we will be following now:)
XX

abutterflybyday.blogspot.com

Click Here