Friday

Wind Machine





Promised myself I'd get out of holiday mode this week and I've triumphantly failed to achieve anything whatsoever besides tackling my increasing mountain of laundry. Gratefully, I plucked up this afternoon and decided to do a combo make-up and outfit post.

I have to admit, this post is me showing off a little - the beauty shot particularly. Once I went upstairs to shoot the outfit, I realised the natural light available to me was extremely harsh and overhead and would  end up looking terrible. I decided to shoot in this little nook which was shaded from all angles - only to find the light was reflecting directly into my face almost perfectly. The darker walls either side provided an excellent beauty set up AND the wind was gently blowing my hair, similar to using a fan in studio. Its amazing how variables can just fall together in your favour.
My hair also got an extra bit of love today on account of my recent purchase of a Mason Pearson brush. Possibly the most expensive brush on the planet, the pocket version I purchased was $80 AU but definitely worth it for me, its imperative my hair has a semblance of health.
The make-up has been a little obscured by the edit effects I've used on the images but its basically a dusty brown eye with a wine lip tint and filled in brows, a bit of mascara. The lip tint is from Bloom cosmetics and comes on a handy little pen so filling in my lips is easy and doesnt budge as much a normal lippy. One of my new favourite products.

Thanks for sticking around!





corduroy trousers, Vintage
shirt, Vintage
shoes, Funkis
Inamorata customised necklace, mynamenecklace.com

36 comments:

Tayler said...

Gorgeous as usual and you make those pants look incredibly stylish <3

bighairandbikinis.blogspot.com

brooke said...

wow, the colours in these pictures are amazing... who cares if you're showing off, you look incredible! the beauty shot has quite a semblance to 50's glamour sort of things... xx

Wikifashion and Lola said...

Gorgeous lipstick colour on you and the pants look beautiful :)

ru.kurarin said...

and why not show off? you look incredible.

outfit wise, i think you bring off these unique colours very well!

isabelle said...

i like those pants and i'm warming up to those shoes

Ami Schaheera said...

i love the second shot so much! u look so lovely <3 <3 <3

and thx for letting me know about the products u use, imma go get myself some Bloom lip tint :)

Emma said...

these are stunning! xx

Marcella said...

You have such an elegance about you Zanita, completely effortlessly and always beautiful! Been following your blog for a wee while now, and the first shot is definitely my favourite so far, which is saying something - you only get better and better!=)

xx Marcella

Two Hearts said...

love the colour of your pants. so bold!

xx
maxi
twoheartsdesign.blogspot.com

Fashion Tidbits said...

love the lippie!!!! all your shoots are so mathematical! :o) awesome

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Iole said...

you look great!

LagrandegentilleLou said...

Beautiful !


lagrandegentillelou.blogspot.com

mom & son said...

this is a real beauty,
you still look very beautiful no matter how
simple your outfit is.
gorgeous, i always love your pictures.

The Lady Nerd said...

Although the first beauty is amazing, I am quite drawn to the second one. I think it's the line of action in it. It's very graceful, but the wind in the hair adds extra movement. It's a very lovely photo. (And outfit too. I love the combination of your lip colour and the pants. It works well)

tess stam said...

can i look like you please?

fashionstolemyheart.blogspot.com

ediot said...

gorgeous piCs. love the lipstick colour-very different- almost reminds me of the shade you get when youre freeeZing.
have a great weekend.take care

xx ediot

dy of ghost said...

great photos!

Treva said...

lovely photos. the lipstick color is nice.

www.voguettegirl.blogspot.com

Juliet said...

So amazing shots! You'll be a superstar one day!

juliet xxx

Victoire said...

I wish i had a magazine or a clothing line just so i could book you. that second picture is stunning!

Flor said...

oh my god you are so stunning

SOPHIE WEARS said...

I just recently discovered your blog,you always have lovely pics everytime I pass by. :D wow I want to buy a Nikon D60 now. My camera takes crappy pics

Soooali said...

This looks like it came straight out of a magazine, it's really beautiful.

Martina said...

Looking at this pics I really have my doubts about you looking terrible. you are gorgeous girl, I love the make up, specially that kind of borgogna tone on your lips

Lula said...

really forties! i like it

enterrement de vie de jeune fille said...

happy new year

i love the style of the photos and the model is very beautiful
karine

Martina said...

Hello from Madrid, Spain. Recently I discovered your blog and think it's great and you very stylish.

Cheers!

SOPHIE WEARS said...

Hey hun, I have an award for you on my blog! :D enjoy your week-end! Cheers

Jason said...

Beautiful! You have very striking features!

-Jason

caylee said...

wow you are definitely showing off, and why wouldn't you!
lol, these pictures are amazing, i can't stop looking at them.

Diane said...

these photos are so pretty!

adele said...

you are frighteningly gorgeous, tell me you are a model? you're right, everything came together perfectly in this photograph.

The Fashion Cloud said...

amazing pictures as ever. Loving the colour of those trousers.

xx
FashionCloud


www.thefashioncloud.com

MissNeira said...

You are amazing! a true model, the beauty shot is fantastic!
awesome necklace as well

Anonymous said...

you a big stinky shit!!

Click Here