Friday

Talking Shop


Trawling back through my archives I found this shot of me from my first ever photoshoot - with photographer Nicole Bentley. I was so young and naive! I think its a sweet picture too, back when my hair was its natural ash blonde and hadn't been murdered a thousand times over by hair stylists at all my jobs. I never thought I could ever really model full time, my original plan was to study commerce (BORING!!!) and work in marketing or something. Modelling seemed like a fantasy job! I had alot to learn.
There's many different kinds of modelling a girl can do and every girl has a different niche in her market. I haven't done loads of high fashion work which for me, having a keen interest in fashion, is a bit of a disappointment.... sometimes. On the other hand, I know how cut throat the high fashion market is - girls are worn out and used up. I like to think I have the best of both worlds, if I were to develop quite a high profile than its more likely for me to go 'out of fashion' so to speak. Not that I would turn my nose at success at all - its just tough, regardless of where you stand, more so now than ever. Sara Ziff and her ex-boyfriend Ole Schell have compiled a documentary from home footage taken over the length of her illustrious career. I havent had a chance to check out the full length feature but you can see a few shorts here. It certainly seems to be an accurate portrayal of the grittier side of being a model. I can't wait to see it! I think its really cool to have someone of Sara's calibre shed some light on a few truths of this industry.

18 comments:

Hannah said...

Nice picture - there is an innocence about it. It's really interesting to hear your take on the industry.

Georgia said...

wow - how perfectly innocent! i heard about this documentry, and have watched the trailer. its interesting to hear a new take...

It would be mine

pangea said...

sexy

smartscruffyfashion said...

Your hair really does look stunning in this, like it loads x

Lauren x

Anonymous said...

you look absolutely stunning love :)
keep up the good work x mel

kirstie said...

really beautiful picture, and it's interesting to hear your perspective on the modeling industry. i think you're in a good place too.

Anonymous said...

you are stunning

Anonymous said...

dude..Amazing with a capital A =]

proudly says, said...

hi gorgeous!
yes, you're right, you look so young in this photo. i love the innocent-look of you here.

Jojo said...

Hey Zanita,

Great pic. I went to the second gala show at Graduate Fashion Week, did you model then? Cause I'm nearly sure that you were in the winnning womenswear designers collection...

Love Jojo xx
http://josclothes.blogspot.com/

Isa said...

this is so sweet and pretty.
I actually love your hair in that darker ashy tone. did you now ash is the shade that stylists are never able to achieve?

some questions I have about your modelling: how did you get into it? was it your own decicions or did others approach you to the idea?
how old have you been when you started?
where you succesful from the beginning?

sorry, this look like an interview now, I´m just being curious. I did some shootings for smaller local labels but never know if I should follow the route.

have an amazing weekend.
xx
I

Nahna said...

You look amazing as always. Love your blog :)

http://www.nahnalovesfashion.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You look like a young Mandy Moore here!

Rae said...

angelic!

Carolina Botelho said...

you look stunning!! :)

fashionbox said...

you look so innocent, something that's hard to find in modelling nowadays. how old were you?

channy xx

Rows + Pharaohs said...

You look so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

um lacks sophistication.

Click Here