Saturday

Prince Albert




So cold today that I wasn't really willing to take off my jacket to illustrate my outfit, instead I stumbled across the tourist destination of Royal Albert Hall and the Albert Memorial and took a few snaps. Coincidentally the Hall was officially opened on my birthday, the 29th of march... but in 1871. Useless fact, but for those who could be interested that makes me an Aries. Starsigns are fun - and people who work in fashion always ask you what your sign is, just like in the 70's. Elle MacPhersons (real name Eleanor Nancy Gow) birthday is the same day as mine too - I wish someone in fashion would bring back the style of the 'Supers' because then I would be much more successful.... If only I had the body of a prepubescent boy.... Or was born in the 70's...
I love the stature respresenting Asia so I took a snap of that too.
I'm not going to rattle on about my outfit except that I've taken to wearing a backpack, a) because backpacks are the new fannypacks and b) because my shoulder and Mimco bag have been taking a beating from all the crap I've been lugging around london and c) when something is attached to your back the weight becomes inconsequential. I love it. Its especially useful for all the fashion week castings I'll be attending next week (I've heard theres MILLIONS of them) where I need to lug heels and portfolio not to mention water bottle, lunch, book, diary etc. I'm going to try get some paparazzi style pics of any fabulous models I see plus if I have the time I'll try to get into any shows (perhaps by booking them?) - maybe I'll bluff my way backstage at Richard Nicoll and Christopher Kane!!!! My scarf was my little prize from being the December style icon on Chictopia, its cashmere and the warmest thing. Just what I've been needing - Thanks Chictopia and BeChyll!!!
Meanwhile notice the snow in the background last pic? Im Australian. So novel.

26 comments:

frances said...

I've always loved that statue, the elephant used to remind me of the one from Aladdin (for no more reason than it's an elephant)... Is most of the snow gone from london now? We've got little piles in corners, but mostly slush. x

Anonymous said...

Which is I thinkvery funny, the fact that theres a pair of blue boots straight under your bag, which makes it looks like your bag has leeeeegggsss!! hahahaa how funnyyy is that! I by the way really like your blogspot, I always get inspired by your clothing for my own wearing of the day! Thanks for that! Love from Holland:) x Hanna

C.B. said...

lovely pics!!! Are you still in UK?

xx

sophiee said...

My birthdays on the 28th! :D

brooke said...

i am into starsigns too, i think they can tell a lot about a person. You look so pretty in that last photo. im sur eplenty of people will say this, but your eyes are gorgeous!

brooke xx

Dane said...

Youre and Aries! My birthday is on the 27th.. wooot =)

Midnight traveller said...

Love your Mickey mouse bag!!! Hehe.

Alice X said...

wow, beautiful art and structures.

alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

Amy said...

The first image reminded me of Gossip Girl... I'm jealous.

gilty pleasure said...

great pics!

Pixienish said...

Beautiful statues!

Shannon said...

You are gorgeous! =)

theresa said...

These are beautiful pictures, you seem to be having a great time! :)

soulisfreedom said...

you have a very natural and pretty face

LoveMore said...

beautiful photos gorgeous one! too pretty it hurts! haha

but yes backpacks rock and are DEF the new fannypack (gooood call).

all the best with all your castings! hope to see you grace the runway soon! :) xx lM

Maria said...

You have such a wonderful blog. It's really worth to follow ;)

shaheemie said...

I've been where you are! It's gorgeous. I drew the statues in your second picture! Haha. http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs30/i/2008/129/d/c/Statue_by_Mystery_Poison.jpg

Luna Supernova said...

wow, i did not know that about elle!

my sign is Virgo.. i'm supposed to be organised and a perfectionist.. although i know people who would beg to differ haha.

that statue is brilliant.

Dane said...

I gave you and award on my blog. =)

Montreal Fashion Minds said...

Beautiful eyes!

~ Montreal Fashion Minds ~

http://montrealfashionminds.blogspot.com

FashionCappuccino said...

That statue looks amazing! Have a great time in london and have fun with the castings gorgeous lady! xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

styleburst said...

you are so beautiful!! love your pictures!

MJ. said...

Cuttie!!
Did u get the job here in Spain!? Hopefully yes!:P
My scarf's from a little shop here in Barcelona (no brand though)! But I wore it every day!!
And yes, cherry...it's sooo good! Though I'm trying a Vanilla flavored lately, which is...mmmmm...:P

bi-style said...

Hey Zanita look at my blog there is an award for you!

Claire said...

Zanita, did you by any chance shoot an Ezibuy catalogue recently? Now, I know from Elyse Sewell's blog that catalogues pay the bills, I also know from perusing Ezibuy catalogues regularly that you could have been photographed wearing something far, far uglier.

I hope London is bringing a little more glamour! I love your blog, I especially love seeing how you put outfits together.

Rabenschwarz said...

you're such a pretty and you don't know how i adore this outfit. looks soo pretty and comfy.
deep blog.

Click Here