Monday

Ladybird Fly




Sitting on the couch watching the fabulous old movie His Girl Friday with an awful sinking feeling that I hadnt made any posts for days - I gathered this ensemble. Its what I'm planning to wear tomorrow for my first set of fashion week castings (I didnt do any last week as I was working a lot) but I may change my mind yet again before the time comes to get dressed. I must admit I'm a little terrified of strutting for all these big names.....sometimes designers and stylists can be quite harsh and these kinds of castings can be pretty taxing on the confidence. Its a bit of a viscious cycle - most of the time you can win over a client in the first 30 seconds of meeting them, confidence is definately key but when you are feeling down then nothing seems to come your way. I also had an awful dream last night about visiting agencies in NY and all of them were really cruel about rejecting me. This morning I went vintage shopping and bought this cashmere ladybird 80's sweater cardigan. Its the warmest, softest thing and in a brilliant stand out colour it has definately made me a little happier.
I NEED NEED NEED new heels. I only brought over six pairs of shoes from Oz (2 heels, 2 boots, 1 uggs, 1 runners) and even thought they are all pretty versatile I feel like the most uninteresting repeat performer. Topshop have some sexy pairs which I should invest in...
skirt, AA
Shirt, H&M
leather jacket, tailored in Bali
cashmere polka dot cardigan, bought at Frock Me! (Chelsea Town Hall Vintage Fair)
heels, Mollini
His Girl Friday (1940) is a great film for a cold day if anyone out there hasnt seen it... The styling is so fabulous and I adore Cary Grant.

24 comments:

k said...

love your leather jacket! and your necklace too! where did you get it?

Zanita said...

my necklace i bought at this rubbishy shop in Sydney airport of which the name escapes me.... it know everything in the shop was under $20! Its a cool necklace but the quality is quite bad... you could probably find something similar in any dodgy market. :)

She's Dressing Up said...

The ladybird cardigan is so lovely!

Shini said...

Oohh the cardigan is so interesting, where did you vintage shop ;)? I'm sure you'll make an impression like that with the casting agency! Good luck, you're probably the exact model they're looking for, don't worry!

Goldie Locks said...

Good luck on your castings Zanita! The ladybird sweater is so unique and cute! xo

Shen-Shen said...

I adore the polka dot cardigan!

I can't imagine what castings must be like - taxing on the confidence doesn't seem to describe it justly.

Carolina Botelho said...

You look gorgeous as always! I LOVE your blog!

Kat said...

a beautiful outfit!

gilty pleasure said...

love dat leather jacket!

Midnight traveller said...

I get so excited when you post! Hehe. I love the ladybug. I think it's fabulous that you can look so glamorous in a ladybug skin :-p

Carolina Botelho said...

DONE! you were completely right!! :)*

Anonymous said...

that sweater is adorable. but maybe for your casting, wear something a bit more simple and streamlined to show off your figure? i think you'll look like more of a seasoned model that way.

July Girl said...

Beautiful

Zanita said...

Hi Anon, thanks for your advice but i think the cardigan is actually ideal for casting because it slips off very easily, is very warm and illustrates my personality which is important for first impressions. You can see from my second pic ill be wearing a tighter shirt and skirt, very simple and figure hugging. At alot of castings clients ask you to try something on anyway. Most important thing to be wearing for casting is a nude g-string haha!

Amelia StyleDownUnder said...

that's the cutest cardi everrrr :) and i didn't know you can get tailor-made leather jackets in bali - i'm planning on going there at the end of the year, will have to lookout for this! xx

Bambola said...

You look great! I can't imagine how taxing those castings would be.

I have to say though, we got a catalogue delivered the other day... you can imagine my surprise & awe when I realised you were in it!! It's old news to you I suppose. A bit of a spin out for me! =)

Keep up the great work. You're gorgeous.

cleo said...

hey ladybird lady:)its amazing...i tagged you to share 10 facts about yourself in my blog hope you check it out
xoxox

Rebecca said...

Cary Grant is incredibly charming isn't he? Try watching "Charade" or "Penny Serenade" or any of his movies for that matter!

theresah said...

this outfit is really adorable :) You have great style!!

Fashion Cappuccino said...

I really like the ladybug sweater! It looks so cute on you. xxoxoxoxoxo

frances said...

oh wow, that cardigan is the sweetest thing! x

bidey said...

very cool outfit! dont worry about the what the designer/ stylist thinks, just wear it with confidence and theyll love you!

good luck!

Clare
http://thegirlwithbrowneyes.blogspot.com/

Claudia aus Wien said...

Lovely style and ever lovelier features. You know, you should invest in a simple set of lights so that you no longer have to depend on the weather! I have one and it really makes a difference in the color and quality of the pictures.

Love your blog. Keep it up!

Lydia said...

Your cardigan is stealing my heart! It's an amazing find! Hope you had good luck at all the castings =D

Click Here