Wednesday

Love Heat



Well my little surprise over the weekend went really well - I flew all the way back to sydney (gotta love 24 hours transit) for a few days work this week. Best excuse to have a week of summer and spend time with my darling boyfriend - who was the one to get the surprise. My friends got him to the airport on the premise of picking up someone else and VOILA - it was really me! It was a pretty joyous moment, considering we were originally going to have to wait 3 months to be in each others presence again. I can't even describe how nice it feels to be back in the land of the light and sun.
A few simple things I've taken for granted and am very glad to be enjoying
  • wearing no shoes or socks
  • wearing no thermals
  • not having to carry gloves, hats and scarves
  • not being weighed down by masses of clothing
  • warm sunshine on my face
  • waking up at 6am and not sitting in darkness for 2 hours
  • sleeping with only a sheet
  • drinking really cold water
  • barbeques
  • summer dresses
  • not paying twice as much for everything! (damn you sterling)
  • waking up beside my boyfriend


shirt, vintage
pants, markets in Thailand
sunglasses, Le Specs
shoes, markets in Thailand









I've been meaning to write a rave about how much I love these looks from Paul and Joe for awhile but haven't gotten around to it. Its so hard to find such beautiful quality prints such a la the ones on these silky delights. Love Bambi and The Last Unicorn theme and I'm obsessed with metres of flowing fabric, so much drama. The black cape is amazing. I found a few places near where I'm living in London that have gigantic poncho cape style coats, thinking they are intended for plus size women but perfect for the style I'm looking for. Can't wait to post them! Another reason I'm glad to be home, I have a pair of black pants similar to the second picture and I'll be glad to drag them back to london. Inspired!
Apologies for the horrendous cropping.
(picture credit, paulandjoe.com)




P.S. Took these snaps yesterday, posting them at 6am because I can't sleep - HATE jetlag!!

23 comments:

MJ. said...

It seems u gave him such a great surprise!!Lucky u that have warm weather again..I'm still here with the rain!! :(
Enjoy!!
Oh! And love the outfits!!
XX

Marta L. said...

ooh..sun!! I have forgoten it!! here rain, rain, rain and cold!!!
xx

lacouturiernyc said...

gorrrgeous! :)

xoxo,
La C.

Anja said...

You make me long for summer while I'm stuck in - you guessed it - London...

FashionCappuccino said...

I love your white oversized blouse! The background complements your look very well too. xxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

saray said...

Love your top

Milk It Honey said...

well we think you're just the cutest! xx

Lisa said...

we are blog sisters!


I can't even explain how alike we are.
crazzzytown.

we could go on the longest walk. with a big giant Tea. talk talk talk. vintage shop + stay in on a saturday night watching movies!!!
oh man i am a nerd.


AHHHHHH YOU ARE HOME!!!
what a surprise.
your BF's face probably had the biggest smile on it.
ah. i have a love affair with airports.
hello's are the most joyous thing...
but i HATE the goodbyes.

oh zanita, you must enjoy every minute at home!
soak up all the sun you can.

loves

xx

Aysha's Rabbit Hole said...

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!! I ALSO WHANT TO TAKE MY SOCKS OFF AND WALK BARE FOOTED UNDER THE SUN
I AM FREEZING NOW!!!

LOVE YOUR SHIRT .. SO FRESH!
X

brooke said...

that is so, SO good about your boyfriend, and I'm glad you get to enjoy waking up with him. Your friends did wonderfully surprising him, that was really sweet.

Hope you're enjoying all your aussie-isms and the heat here isnt too much of a culture shock for you!

<3 brooke

theresa said...

This is a great look for summer! I really love the Paul & Joe collection, especially those cheerful landscape dresses, they're one of a kind!

Krystal said...

you are so gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Isn't funny how our european seasons make u appreciate summer even more.
That's also the reason I like winter and autumn because u get even more excited about spring and summer.

Love your blog ;)

cleo said...

ohh i miss summer soo much...look angelic in white:)love it

xs said...

love your pants and the paul and joe trousers in the second pic!

LoveMore said...

oh what a nice suprise for your bf!

enjoy your time at home! thanks for the comments and jeans DIY tips :)

I LOVE Paul and Joe too!! I miss the store in Sydney..I would look through there at BJ way too often...oh such a cute store i miss!

you are looking beautiful as always Zanita!

xxx LM

lacouturiernyc said...

thanks for leaving such a sweet comment :) i really love your outfit & photos. so perfect :)

xoxo,
La C.

Camille said...

Zenita you are awesome and really beautiful, I adooooooooooooooooore your blog !

Fashion Tidbits said...

i'm so glad you're enjoying the heat!

rachel kara said...

nothing like a quick trip to the other side of the world to make you appreciate whats back home! looking fresh and radiant as ever

TheMinx said...

I love paul and joe, that first dress is amazing! And you look so cool and breezy :)

ashleigh said...

i am completely grateful for all of those things too :)

Olviya said...

mmm, you look great. so bohemian and chick!

Click Here