Thursday

Face Works

Probably one of the dorkiest and amateur posts I've made yet and one which I am a bit hesitant to post - I had originally gathered references but have now decided not to post them because they basically just highlight how tremendously bad/blurry my photos are. I tried to do what I could with photoshop effects but alas... I am only using a Sony Cybershot and the focus always tends to be a little temperamental. Hopefully they are good for a chuckle anyway and if I'm lucky maybe some of you could be inspired to try a few subtle differences to your daily makeup stylings.

My favourite look, black eyeliner on bottom lid and rosy lips - filled in my brows (i love a dark brow!) and slightly contoured inside nose. Little bit of peachy blush but you can't really tell. Inspired by the make-up featured in Stella McCartney S/S 09.

Basic bright lips look and dark brow look. Wearing foundation over eyelids for a blanker canvas...but you can't really tell. Filled in brows. Tried to get the most matt look possible but probably needed more clear powder on my lips.

Black eye shadow under eyes only, light shimmer inside eye. Glossy lips which I've now decided looks not so great. Maybe nude lips would have been a better option. Maybe mascara too but I couldn't find it, I've taken most of my best make-up to London and I left it there.
I use some Mac make-up but most of my collection is a jumble of different things, the bright colours I own are all really cheap because chances are I'll only wear them once.
Skin tip: Lately Ive been using Vitamin E capsules as a a night serum and I find my skin always looks great when I wake up in the morning. Its a much cheaper alternative to other night creams - but probably is best for people who have dry skin... I can't even remember where I got the idea to use them but they are great to take on long flights to protect your skin from the awful dry air on the plane. I just apply about half a capsule to clean skin. Hope this can help all those ladies out there suffering through dry winter skin blues!

33 comments:

Amelia StyleDownUnder said...

wow, you're really good at doing makeup! i'm trying the matt skin, liquid lined eyes, pale lips look for this year. thought it was time for a change! xx

Alice X said...

I loove the second one, it's soo natural and pretty:) you're gorgeous zanita!

alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Every time i see a picture of you i always think you look familiar and i've finally figured out who you remind me of! Serena Van der Woodsen from Gossip Girl (Blake Lively)!! Just thought you would like to know

ooh and i like your makeup

Style Magnet; Sara said...

I agree with Anonymous - you totally look like Blake Lively.

And I LOVE the last look! So cool. I need to start wearing make-up... but giving me eyeliner and eyeshadow is like giving a kindergartner finger paint...

Maya said...

your makeup is gorgeous

PUG and PIPS said...

I love dark brows too. You looking in all 3 looks xx

cleo said...

i love all the looks:)last one is way tooo sexy:)

KATLIN said...

Really feeling the last one!! I'm gonna try experiment with that next time I go out!

ANNIE+CARLOTTA said...

gosh you have a lovely shaped face, the second look would have to be my fav. and thanks for the vitamin E tip i think ive heard that one before too but i never thought to try it, now ill definitely be giving it a go.
carlotta

Liv said...

i Zanita,

Loving the make up tips! Small changes which can make such a difference to your look. Haven't yet dabbled with an eyebrow pencil, but I think I'll get on to it very soon.

Thanks for the tip about the Vitamin E - My skin is horrid in the London winter so this could be the solution!

Keep up the great posts!

Elphink said...

yesss, you do look like Blake Lively! But you're an aussie, and therefore much much better ;)

vogue said...

wow you look amazing in all these pics! love the experimental work with the makeup! goodluck with everything in London too :) xx

Nicole Then said...

thanks for the tip on vit E capsules. i'll go try :)

Gala said...

Your blog is great, I love your style, greetings, Gala.

Nina said...

the second and the third picture are gorgeous! i love the black eyeshadow under the eye and the natural look. you look so beautiful!

tigermilk said...

oooh im going to try that skin tip. i just got back from maryland and my skin hasent been the same.

Kim said...

Woah, beauty!

Jas said...

I love the first one ; ) Really natural and love the slight pout. And you are really pretty

life . style . dissected said...

beauty, beauty.
such a beauty you are!

lovely looks, all of them.

x
melissa

Little Miss Dress Up said...

gorgeous! you're definitely a prettier version of blake lively! haha :)

hannah said...

gosh you look gorgeous! the third picture is my fav ! xx

Krystal said...

you are so, sooo gorgeous!

erikas said...

Gosh you are really good at doing different kinds of makeup! Usually people can only do one kind of look (including me :D)!

MJ. said...

U look amazing in nude tones! So natural and pretty!
Such a shame we didn't see each other :P I'm going back home tomorrow though...I'm gonna miss that rain...:(

XX

jaime said...

absolutely STUNNING! you are so naturally pretty :)

FashionCappuccino said...

I think you look gorgeous with or without makeup. The last picture is my favorite! You look stunning! xxxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

wee birdy said...

hi! i love your makeup!

you've probably already seen this but i was reading facehunter and i found your picture!
http://facehunter.blogspot.com/2008/12/facehunter-show-is-back.html#links

keep blogging!

S.A.A. said...

Hey zanita I just thought I'd tell you about a quick post I did which featured one of my favs of your outfits and a little about your great blog! Hope you like.

xo querido

Isa said...

you´ve got the most beautiful facial features! so versatile!
and that skin tip really sounds intereting, I might try that as my pores look awful in winter.

also, I LOVED your previous post, it really captured that whole summery aura which is all I´m longing for in the snow desert that is germany now!
xxx

Fleurr De Lux said...

the second look is my favourite but you look lovely in all three! thanks for the tips!
x

KATA said...

omg..
just stunning!!!!!
Your blog and all of your pics are amazing!
xx

rummage_it said...

haha! my blog must be ten times more amateur! oh well...dont really have anywhere to travel to yet.

the make ups great, plus you have strong features...i don't wear anything but mascara and even if i tried, my face would just look akward??

your blog is very interesting...i envy your travels and pit stops :)

Women Leather Blazers said...

Nice and a great post. I really like it. Keep it up.


Buy Leather Jackets,
Leather Skirts

Click Here